Online Marketing & Social Media Specialist
A highly motivated and creative social media and online marketing specialist, with years of experience and proven skills in reaching a broad audience and fostering loyal followers in very specialized niches. Looking to turn a longtime passion into a lifetime career!
Online marketing & social media specialist seeking an online marketing position where I can put to work my various social media, marketing, and content production skills in a challenging & fast-paced environment, for a company that encourages creativity and a friendly team spirit and makes the world a better place.
Location: Connecticut — Hartford Area. Willing to relocate for the right opportunity, especially to the following locales:
- New York City; Boston; Washington, D.C.; Southern California; Arizona
I am super-creative! I love making things and am always bursting with new ideas.
- I love learning. I'm insatiably curious and am always adding new skills to my repertoire. I love reading to keep up on the latest in social media & marketing.
- The best compliment I ever received was when my music theory teacher told me: "You have a very analytical mind." I'm also highly (obsessively?) organized.
- I'm cheerful & personable — I love to help others and work together with, not against, my teammates.
- I am punctual & reliable. I'm always early (not just on time) and consider beating deadlines a matter of pride & integrity!
Receptionist - December 2012 – present
- Work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software quickly
- Coordinate with coworkers and customers to ensure prompt and accurate service
- Track sales promotions
- Work with and support multiple departments including customer service, sales, office adminstrators, at multiple locations
All Waste, Inc.
Billing Specialist - October 2007 – December 2012
- Design employee training materials
- Work independently while prioritizing tasks and ensuring prompt completion of assignments
- Taught myself advanced Microsoft Excel skills including programming basic macros
Borders Books & Music
Training Supervisot - May 2005 – October 2007
- Supervise employees as on-duty manager
- Work independently to prioritize and delegate tasks
West Coast Baptist College – Lancaster, CA (2003-2005)
Majored in English Education & minored in music.
@KeriLynnEngel | @WomenInHistory | @FeministFantasy
- Find targeted users to follow
- Gain thousands of follower by engaging with targeted users and participating in #FollowFriday and chats, and promoting my twitter accounts through other media
- Compose original tweets and find relevant links & multimedia to share on a regular basis
- Leverage followers to drive targeted traffic back to the website & gain email subscribers
- Manage multiple accounts simultaneously, including original tweets, responding to others, and participating in and moderating chats
- Utilize software such as TweetDeck, HootSuite, Tweet Adder, and various websites to manage followers and schedule & automate tweets
Amazing Women In History Facebook page
- Promote each blog post through various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Reddit, Pinterest, etc.
- Formulate strategies and tactics to connect with highly targeted audiences within narrow niches
Amazing Women In History | Feminist Fantasy
- Generate new blog article ideas
- Research, write, and edit original blog content
- Author content to align with provided writing guidelines and voice
- Optimize content for SEO, including appropriate use of categories/tagging and semantic HTML
- Track analytics via Google analytics and Clicky Analytics
- Set up and optimize RSS feed
- Monitor mentions across the blogosphere using Google Alerts
- Set up automated systems to immediately post user submissions to website and email newsletter for feministfantasy.com
- Work with outside vendors, such as copywriters and designers, while ensuring plan execution stays within budget
- Write and design original email newsletters optimized for social media sharing using MailChimp, ConstantContact, and Aweber
Graphic & Web Design
- Design supporting materials such as ad banners, social media backgrounds, and business cards, using Photoshop
- Design and code websites and WordPress themes using HTML, CSS, and PHP